What Makes A Great Website?
The best way to get more customers online, is by building an attractive and user-friendly website for users and potential customers. In today’s digital space, where millions of websites exist, you need to ensure your website stands out amongst your competitors.
Keep the following tips in mind to ensure you have a great website:
- Goal of your website: You need to first understand the goal or purpose of the website for your business. Is it to provide information to users? Or is it purely entertainment based? Is it a shopping website? Is it an information portal? The goal of most websites is usually one of the four: expertise, reputation building, lead generation or sales.
- Website speed: If your website takes too long to load, the user might be distracted and exit the page, and look elsewhere. Keep in mind that the ideal loading time for a web page is 2 to 3 seconds. Slow loading time can negatively affect your search engine ranking. Thus, make sure your web pages are designed in such a way to optimise loading time.
- User experience and navigation: Navigating through your website must be simple and easy for users to follow. If users get confused and can’t find a particular page, they might give up and search for what they need elsewhere. It is important to keep the users’ experience in mind and have a simple and easy-to-use website.
- Quality and relevant content: The most important thing, which makes a website great is the actual content! If your content is not informative and up to date, users might search for information on other websites. Use attractive content and compelling images to draw in your users’ attention.
- Make it mobile friendly: Most users nowadays prefer to browse websites through their mobile phones or tablets. It is important to keep this in mind, when designing your website layout. Additionally, creating an app to support your website is also a great idea.
- Search engine optimization: Just creating an attractive website is not enough; you need to ensure that it is optimised to show up high on search engines. It is critical to use search engine optimisation (SEO) techniques to guarantee that your website will be ranked high in the organic search engine results. Using appropriate keywords, meta titles, URL and meta descriptions are key in ensuring this will happen.
- Location and contact details on web page: Make the contact us tab of your web page visible and easy to access. Under this tab, don’t forget to mention details such as location, website, contact phone numbers and the areas you service. Adding a Google map will boost customer local usage.
Our expert web designers at Add Nett Pty Ltd can help you design the best website for your business. Our creative team is highly knowledgeable in the areas of web design, SEO, user experience, digital marketing and use the latest up to date technology. To learn more about our services, visit us at: www.addnett.com.au. Or call us on 1300 238 638 (1300 Add Nett).
Our services cover the Eastern seaboard of Australia and the U.S.A.